Thread: Cipralex Starter Diary

Cipralex Starter Diary

Hi everyone, just wanted to start another thread to let you know how I'm getting on with the Escitalopram (my old thread is here: http://nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=143876)

Well I'm past the 8 week mark now, it's gone so quickly! I'm still on the starting dose of 5mg and I'm due to go back to my GP anytime so might increase to 10mg yet.

Things are looking so positive though already, I'm extremely happy that I finally managed to take something, it is definitely what I need. I survived Christmas and have got out and about more than I probably have all year!

To start with I went shopping in town, and I haven't been due to anxiety for a very long time. To add to that it was just before Christmas so I was there with all the crazy Christmas shoppers. At first I was anxious but it was the anticipation and soon wore off. I then managed a few hours shopping and loved it! I haven't been able to look at new clothes for ages (I love fashion) so it was bliss, got lots of nice new things and I came home feeling on top of the world.

I then went clothes shopping for a second time right before Christmas in a different town, again a little anxious at first but enjoyed it in the end and I was pleased to have managed it as it was really busy with it being so near to Christmas.

Since then I've been visiting family, up to my Aunties for about 30 mins, my brothers for an hour or so, my nans twice and my other grandparents just yesterday who live about 20 mins away. And I managed all of that with only a little anxiety, sometimes none at all. I can't quite believe it!

I've also been around a few other family members over Christmas, some visiting the house, and have been suprised at how much more easy it's been to have a conversation. Oh, and we also had new bedrooms fitted by a friend of the family who makes me very anxious, he had to be here for a full weekend morning until night and I even managed that with only minimal anxiety

The toilet worries are still there but slowly I'm trying to work on that.

I do still have a very long way to go and these are only small steps yet, but it's such a big step in the right direction for me considering not so long ago I was in a major panic in the supermarket and I wasn't able to visit family's houses at all.

I'm so excited I hope 2014 will be my year to get better!

Anways, I'll be back to update here regularly but for now I just want to wish you all a happy new year x

ETA: I forgot to mention, I also ate in front of other people for the first time in a long time and was fine, yay!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

Re: Cipralex Starter Diary

Fabulous! I'm so glad for you. What an inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    Fabulous! I'm so glad for you. What an inspiration!
    Thank you Jingo

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

Well I've now been back to my GP for another review, she was really impressed with the progress I've made. I asked again about upping the dose but she doesn't want to, she said the lower doses are more effective for anxiety, which I do know to be true, but I still feel like 5mg is probably too low? Even though the 5mg is working I still can't imagine myself going out on my own, getting a job, driving, going back to college etc so that leads me to think I need to up the dose? Ideally I thought go up to 10mg? Just don't know what to do... I'm getting impatient now especially since I've had a taste of normality again, I just really want to get better as soon as possible.

Still at 5mg, I just don't know what to do really. I am totally lost with regards to dosages, I just want this anxiety to be under control now, but I don't know how to get there.

Thread Information