Page 706 of 708 FirstFirst ... 206606656696704705706707708 LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 7075

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Hi all....
    Im the same too about planning, like to know what’s what and everything in little boxes but in the real world things don’t always happen like that do they....Ive already bought a few Christmas presents, I saw them so bought them, don’t like leaving things till the last minute and then rushing around like a lunatic....is that such a bad thing, I don’t think so....

Fishman....sorry to hear about your friends, I Under How you feel, it really does knock you for six and tests the HA to the limit....

I remember the days in the late 70s and 80s of DIY, my kitchen table was full of engine parts where hubby had stripped it down to fix a part, or he would be respraying the entire car.....over the years we have been married we must have saved thousands upon thousands of pounds doing jobs ourselves and better than what some cowboy could do and had fun doing it....xxxx

That’s a good plan, YNWA. I agree - it’s not a bad thing. It’s good to have your ducks in a row.

I like to be ready. My family chuckles at me, because I have a bunch of emergency stuff in my car and a backpack ready with supplies so if we have severe weather (not at all a rarity) I can grab it quickly. I just refuse to be caught off guard, and it’s come in handy more than once.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I'm a be prepared person too.
    Is that a good thing? Well, you can't prepare yourself for literally everything because life rarely works that way.
    It's OK to have candles incase of a power cut or extra bread in the freezer for if you run out and can't get to the shops. But if you live your life prepared for everything under the sun that could possibly happen, then are you living your life as you should. And there's always an element of forgetting something. Damn, I hadn't put an alien attack on my list..... Where can I get a ray gun?
    There's a prevent, rather than cure attitude which I have often followed, but again, you can take that too far...
    Wrap yourself up in cotton wool and don't walk on any lines. It's not living in the moment and we certainly were not like that when we were kids.

YNWA, there was certainly something about those years when we were more hands on repairing and making stuff. Good for the brain. The making do of the 70s in particular was a good learning tool for the future.
    I watched my dad fix the pump in the loo with a bit of wire hanger and did the same thing myself latter in life.
    There's a proudness to that sort of knowledge. And these are things that are useful. Not filling our heads with fears by reading about this and that disease but survival tools
    that we can pass down to other generations. Learning to cook, repair, make, sew, grow, heal. And still the simplest of things are the most effective.

Tooth /gum pain back again with a vengeance.
    Headache all day yesterday.
    Yay, I so like the Spring..

I hope you're feeling better, Carnation!

I hiked about half a mile today along the shore of the lake, pushing through brush, debris, and marshland to rescue a floating dog toy that had gotten away from us. Chisum doesn't even really like that toy, but I felt bad leaving it behind. And once I got started I figured I may as well keep going. I figured as long as I didn't run into a snake or get stuck in the mud I'd be fine, and I did not, so not a bad end to the weekend.

I start my new job tomorrow (while also doing my old job until we find a replacement). I'm kind of nervous; I know it will be a good, necessary change but still. I just keep telling myself I'm really in the best case scenario right now - I get to stay where I am, I get to ease into it since I'm doing my regular job at the same time, and I know I'll have a lot of support while I'm learning. So I just have to get started.

Good luck with the new job today Poppy, it’s both exciting and nerve racking at the same time but you’ll enjoy the challenge and you’ll soon get the hang of it.

I hope since your doing two jobs temporarily, your going to get two wages....

That would be nice YNWA, but in this economy I guess I should be lucky they’re paying me at all!

I probably won’t do much beyond training and my current job duties until later this week, which is fine.

Poppy, easing in to the new position is ideal. You won't feel so daunted and before you know it you'll feel right at home.

I'm pleased you got out for your hike. A good way to shake those cobwebs and gain clear thinking.

I'm feeling much better, just a pile of jobs to catch up on.
    The weekend was literally a washout so I didn't really miss anything. I can't believe the temperature for the time of year

It is rubbish isn’t it? However I’m not moaning too much. Being careful what I wish for and all that. This time of year can catapult into blistering heat quite quickly. An ease up in the rain would be nice though.

Ghost…Spillways

I agree, wish this rain would disappear for a while, the garden is looking untidy and need to get other outside jobs done.
    I don’t want the sun cracking the flags, just dry and pleasant, but alas it’s forecast more heavy rain and thunder here tomorrow

Page 706 of 708 FirstFirst ... 206606656696704705706707708 LastLast

Thread Information