Thread: How long till they work

How long till they work

Hi…
    I started Q 3weeks back the first 2weeks 25mg twice daily now this week 50mg twice daily but am just wondering how long till they start working for anxiety / panic attacks ?? My anxiety is sky high since starting them (dunno if Q can increase anxiety or what ) shall I hang in there and keep trying the meds ??

Re: How long till they work

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    Hi
    I started Q 3weeks back the first 2weeks 25mg twice daily now this week 50mg twice daily but am just wondering how long till they start working for anxiety / panic attacks ??
    Improvement typically begins within a week.

My anxiety is sky high since starting them (dunno if Q can increase anxiety or what ) shall I hang in there and keep trying the meds ??
    Quetiapine usually doesn't increase anxiety at the beginning the way most antidepressants do. It mostly acts as a sedative. You might need a higher dose. I suggest you see the prescribing doctor asap.

How did you end up on quetiapine? As I understand it citalopram stopped working for you about 4 years ago and you were then being switched to venlafaxine. What has happened since then?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Improvement typically begins within a week.

Quetiapine usually doesn't increase anxiety at the beginning the way most antidepressants do. It mostly acts as a sedative. You might need a higher dose. I suggest you see the prescribing doctor asap.

How did you end up on quetiapine? As I understand it citalopram stopped working for you about 4 years ago and you were then being switched to venlafaxine. What has happened since then?
    I’ve tried pretty all of the antidepressants with no joy so I ended up in a mental health hospital a few months back they put me on Olanzapine didn’t work so now I’ve been on quetiapine 3 weeks am gonna give it a bit longer then week for them to be upped as I don’t even feel tired on them

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    I've tried pretty all of the antidepressants with no joy
    Including TCAs, or only SSRIs and SNRIs? Do you remember what you've tried, what the maximum dose taken was and how long you were on that dose before pulling the plug?

so I ended up in a mental health hospital a few months back they put me on Olanzapine didn't work so now I've been on quetiapine 3 weeks am gonna give it a bit longer then week for them to be upped as I don't even feel tired on them
    Some people, e.g. me, need high doses to get a good outcome from antidepressants. I wouldn't give up on an AD until I've been on the recommended maximum dose for 10-12 weeks and still failed to get a worthwhile response.

Thread Information