Page 701 of 706 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,010 of 7053

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Mines bad atm. It seems worse this year for some reason. My eyes are stinging and watering. Then tonight on our walk, something bothered my nose and I started sneezing. Again and again. Fortunately sneezing is one of my favourite things to do but I’ve not been affected this bad, well ever, really.

Ghost…Spillways

Me too darksky and unable to sneeze. It's all stuck in my head, eyes and throat. My eyes particularly feel like they've been in a fire. A right spoiler for springtime.

Talking of hayfever, I mentioned in the other thread that I had it seemingly non-stop for weeks on end but over the past few days it's largely vanished due to some unexplained miracle, but I have since started suffering numerous bouts of nausea, excessive (dare I say it) flatulance and stomach pains in general, all of which seems to lack any obvious causes.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    They certainly were innocent Lenco, especially by comparison with now.
    Funny how perceptions can often play tricks on us.

I think in the sense of 'more innocent times' when looking back on our childhood, it's often due to our lack of awareness of the many more mundane issues that we often have to face and deal with as adults, which I'm sure many back in the 80s were no doubt yearning for their supposedly simpler childhood times of the 50s and 60s, and no doubt struggled to gel with many of the cultures and technologies of the 80s at the time, just like many of my age group now yearning for the 80s and 90s.

While I would personally love to give 24/7 news channels and the like the heave-ho, I would probably miss certain advantages and creature comforts of the present if it ever actually physically possible to turn back time to the past.

For instance, I certainly would hate to go back to when indoor environments full of cigarette smoke were the norm and non-smokers like myself basically had no choice but to 'put up and shut up', plus also when general security was more lax in many environments when and where incidents like burglaries and muggings were often easier to pursue, especially due to the lack of CCTV cameras and pre-'Secured By Design' before the 21st Century.

And I'm sure the many were never burgled, mugged nor never knowingly suffered any ill-effects of secondhand smoke, etc back in the 20th Century obviously happened to be lucky at the time.

Lencoboy, I think maybe the stomach issue is separate from the hay-fever.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Lencoboy, I think maybe the stomach issue is separate from the hay-fever.
    Could very well be.

I've also been feeling unduly irritable, hormonal, confrontational and generally irrational over the past week or so, though I certainly have no intention of seeking confrontation with anyone on this forum.

For some strange reason I've been having fantasies about being chastised and also challenging authority, both with my dad and staff at my day centre.

I often wonder if my day centre still actually has any 'zero tolerance' policies where it comes to clients challenging the authority of staff members, even though there's no such written warnings pinned up on walls, notice boards, etc throughout the premises like there used to be at my previous day centres, respite units, etc?

In fact, they've never seemed to want to tell me for some reason; they seem to want to keep such things secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Could very well be.

I've also been feeling unduly irritable, hormonal, confrontational and generally irrational over the past week or so, though I certainly have no intention of seeking confrontation with anyone on this forum.

For some strange reason I've been having fantasies about being chastised and also challenging authority, both with my dad and staff at my day centre.

I often wonder if my day centre still actually has any 'zero tolerance' policies where it comes to clients challenging the authority of staff members, even though there's no such written warnings pinned up on walls, notice boards, etc throughout the premises like there used to be at my previous day centres, respite units, etc?

In fact, they've never seemed to want to tell me for some reason; they seem to want to keep such things secret.
    One of the reasons I have brought up the last 2 paragraphs is that although my opinions about zero tolerance at previous establishments I used to attend weren't particularly high at the time, I do perceive the staff at my current day centre to be a bit too lenient and laissez-faire towards certain clients with challenging behaviours and general bad attitudes, and seem to allow such clients to ride roughshod over them (and other fellow clients), unlike at my previous day centre (despite its obvious flaws), the staff there would never have stood for the clients who pinch, slap, kick and tell staff and other clients to eff off, etc; such behaviours would have been severely stamped on hard with serious consequences, including police intervention in the most extreme of cases.

It seems that basically 'anything goes' there of late, including the staff no longer bothering to lock the main entrance doors at the front of the building.

I wonder how long it might be before the staff start turning a blind eye to certain people smoking 'on the sly' in the toilets there? Which I'm sure has already been done on the odd occasions during the 7 years I've been there, as I'm sure I've actually smelt it.

Have you told a staff member how you feel Lencoboy?
    What does your dad say? Have you discussed this with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Have you told a staff member how you feel Lencoboy?
    What does your dad say? Have you discussed this with him?
    I think it would probably be a waste of time trying to discuss it with any of the staff as they would probably consider it too trivial and unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Pretty much since the easing of all Covid restrictions 2-3 years ago the staff there appear to have been just going through the motions and seemingly in their own little worlds on occasions with an apparent sense of limbo, though probably not deliberately.

Also my dad often refuses to discuss it with me because he feels there's other far more important issues for him personally to be concerned about right now.

In fact, my dad generally seems indifferent to many things of late.

Doing absolutely bloody awful today. And that funeral is tomorrow.

Page 701 of 706 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703 ... LastLast

Thread Information