Hello all,

I was hoping someone could help me shed some light on my concern of a possible HIV exposure. I’m a gay male, and I had partaken in a sexual encounter. We had deep kissed, he performed oral on me for a brief period of time, we both performed analingus on each other, and I did attempt to perform anal, however I was not able to maintain an erection, and I had a condom on the entire time anal was attempted. So my big concern is I could have contracted HIV from making out or performing analingus on him as no protection was used for analingus. For those who may not know for whatever reason, it’s performing oral sex on someone’s anus.

He wasn’t bleeding, etc. I asked him many times if he was clear, and he said he was every time, negative on Prep, etc. I did go to my PCP, and she had said all sounded like low-risk activities, since I had a condom on attempting anal - though I did graze his anus a few time without a condom. It’s been 5 days and I’m terrified and hate myself for doing something so stupid. I apologize for being so descriptive, I just don’t want to leave anything out.

Does this sound like a major exposure?