Thank you so much panic_down_under. I've noticed your comments are always filled with so much useful information.

Only 10mg this week, then probably upping it to 20mg. Unless the doc decides I'm better on mirtazapine?

I'm curious. If the anxiety I am feeling is a chemical imbalance from knocking my pituatary/hypothalamus, then will these meds work? I'm having tests done to establish thyroid function, etc.

I do suspect the concussion has brought around some strange chemical imbalance from my pituatary, either that or in a bruised brain stem. Either way it seems that I've been in fight or flight mode since the symptoms came on (and got misdiagnosed as vestibular issues, then I thought I was diabetic) Symptoms being: over thirst and urination, blurred vision up close, occsional nystagmus, hot flashes, cold sensitivity, balance issues etc.

Unsure if it's purely from my TBI, or the anxiety is due to the stress of it all. Or likely a bit of both...

So...once i put 2 and 2 together and realised it was all due to the mild concussion (no loss of conciousness but a big enough smack at the back of the head to see stars), I needed to recover. I was initally prescribed OTC cocodomal, propanalol, and 3 x 3.5mg zopiclone. Which helped for 2.5 nights.

The panick, anxiety was growing and filled me through and through, after that I was awake for 4 days unable to drift off to sleep, having those hypnic jerks, and a panic attack as I feel to sleep.

I broke down to the GP's, and he prescribed me the 7.5mg zopliclone. Which i where I am now. I slept last night, but could feel anxious before sleep. My chest felt tight after taking the zopliclone, which was one of the warning signs, so that induced panic, before I drifted off.

I'm taking propanalol as and when I need it.

Oh I wish things where normal...thanks for listening.