Quote Originally Posted by davideanne View Post
I’ve been going through ALS anxiety - so much crying, so much. I’m a 42 year old male in Canada. This all started with twitching, which lead to googling, which lead to becoming an “expert” on ALS, which lead to more twitching…. I have seen numerous Dr.’s have received an EMG and seen two neurologists, everything was fine. Now I’m
Terrified of Bulbar symptoms, as the EMG was done on my limbs. I’ve now learned that many people with this anxiety eventually fear bulbar, after receiving an all clear on limbs. Regardless the fear is extreme and real, I’m seeing a psychologist, just started, and I’m
Hoping this helps. Should I bother with yet another trip to the neurologist? They’ve said everything is ok, but I hadn’t discussed the bulbar “symptoms”. Anxiety is a nightmare.
Same boat. Anxiety is the number one route to self destruction. I've had a constant twitch in my upper arm now for weeks. It has subsided and as good as disappeared for the odd hour here and there but always returns.
I'm lying here having been awake all night stressed out because the twiching woke me up.
I'm wanting to believe that when the stress and anxiety goes the twttch will go.
The problem you've made is moving the goalposts to suit your fears. Not a criticism because I do EXACTLY THE SAME THING. 😳