Thread: Stuffy head feeling when I stand

Stuffy head feeling when I stand

Hey folks,
    I am kind of having a set back. In the space of one week two of my college friends suffered MAJOR health set backs, and we are all only 42. I won't detail them so as to not scare anyone else, but it made me start thinking some obsessive thoughts, the not good kind of obsessive thoughts.

First of all, the only symptom I have right now, is that when I stand, I get this stuffy, rush feeling for a few moments, like I can feel my pulse in my head kind of. I am not talking about the kind of light headed feeling that can make you pass out from standing too quickly due to change in blood pressure, it feels different from that. It is hard to describe, and often is not even there, but sometimes when I sit for a long time at work or driving, and stand up it happens.

I have a prolapsed mitrovalve, which ironically I have never had any health anxiety over at all. Could that be related? I refuse to look up symptoms on the internet...so there I sit.

What is more bothersome to me, is the shame I feel for being so self focused when my two old friends are dealing with very real, very life threatening health issues.

Anyway, not at the end of my rope yet, and not overly freaking out, but feeling a little edgey. Thanks for letting me vent.

J

Re: Stuffy head feeling when I stand

Hi there, I get this quite often too. It's hard to describe, as you say, but I've definitely experienced it many times! I think it's probably some kind of head rush as sometimes when it happens my eyes go a bit blurry and it takes me a while to focus. My hubby gets it sometimes too, so I know it's nothing to worry about when he's not worried!

Thanks, that is actually very reassuring. You just brought at least one sufferer some peace, I hope you have some peace today too. :-)

Oh wow I get this. I had my worst one tonight, I’ve had a cold and I stood up and I had my head rush/pressure thing I get, it’s almost like my head feels full and then it just disappears but tonight I also had a whooshing in time with my heart and I got so so scared as pulsing tinnitus is one of my big fears. I have just had a really bad cold and can’t hear properly out of my right ear still so
    I’m hoping it’s all connected to the cold. I know this is an old thread but thought I’d comment.

Thread Information