Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine for 3rd time

Re: Fluoxetine for 3rd time

Sorry to keep on so basically I’m 70% at the moment and not far of the 12 weeks are you saying it’s better to go up a dose while it’s doing something rather than Walt because it might not kick back in. I’m sure that’s correct keep the train going before you stop otherwise it might not go again. For some reason even the psychiatrist said upping the dose you could get improvement from 10 days on and I’ve seen a lot of groups where it’s been a few weeks and good improvement. Maybe I should just do it now as it’s obviously doing something

So the tablets work but they promote low serotonin.

And every time we increase the reason why we feel more depressed and anxious is because the increase of serotonin. It’s very complicated but they have always worked well on me but my mood still not lifting so I think it’s wise to go to 15 mg

Quote Originally Posted by Ayresstew View Post
    So the tablets work but they promote low serotonin.
    That is what studies have shown. Whether it is a part of the recovery process, or a consequence is still a matter of debate.

It’s very complicated but they have always worked well on me but my mood still not lifting so I think it’s wise to go to 15 mg
    That would be my suggestion. Be aware that there might be a spike in anxiety, though usually not as severe as those experienced at the beginning and it will likely take some weeks before you begin to notice a positive difference.

Just thought I would give you an update, I have done the full 12 weeks and I’m currently tapering of zopiclone. You was right I have improved in the last couple of weeks. It was my lack of motivation low mood hard to do anything. Week 10 a couple mornings I woke up early to feed my son like normal but instead of doing nothing I started cleaning the house ect not done that for a long time. This happened a few times and some slight improvement with mood. Week 11 and 12 lots of motivation and energy totally the opposite I’m out all the time , got a new extension to do for a customer have organised everything been rushing about just like I used to. I thin out of the 2 weeks I’ve had 2 dodgy days my intrusive thoughts had almost gone and my mood has improved not where I want to be but massive change in two weeks.
    I’m still on 10mg and my question to you is can I still get more improvement after the 12 weeks also it’s hard because I’ve had bits of anxiety and intrusive thoughts come back in but I’m tapering of zopiclone and it’s common to have those symptoms even reducing I had so much improvement in those two weeks. Looking at my journey would you say go up to 15mg or give the 10mg some more time because I’m sure the zopiclone withdrawing is holding the last bit of improvement. I’m probably 80-85 % better than before I started escitalopram

You was right I have improved in the last couple of weeks.
    Rule 1: Ian is always right.
    Rule 2: On the 999 times out of a 1,000 that Ian is wrong refer to rule 1.

I thin out of the 2 weeks I’ve had 2 dodgy days my intrusive thoughts had almost gone and my mood has improved not where I want to be but massive change in two weeks.
    That's great! Depression often takes a little longer to resolve than anxiety does, especially with SSRIs. They tend to be more effective anxiety than depression meds which is ironic given most of the researched effort targets depression.

I’m still on 10mg and my question to you is can I still get more improvement after the 12 weeks also it’s hard because I’ve had bits of anxiety and intrusive thoughts come back in but I’m tapering of zopiclone and it’s common to have those symptoms even reducing I had so much improvement in those two weeks.
    Yes, there may still be some improvement in mood, as much due to psychology as the med. It comes down to regaining confidence in yourself and your ability to cope.

Looking at my journey would you say go up to 15mg or give the 10mg some more time because I’m sure the zopiclone withdrawing is holding the last bit of improvement. I’m probably 80-85 % better than before I started escitalopram
    You may or may not be okay on 10mg. There's no way of predicting it. In different circumstances I'd say up the dose. You can always drop back to 10mg once you've been at or near 100% for a while, but changing the dose of two meds at the same time is potentially fraught as it can be difficult determining which med is driving any problems that may arise. I suggest you discuss it with your GP who should know your history better than I do.

If that’s the case does ssri only help depression and the rest just comes with doing more in your life and doing positive things. I’ve only ever been on fluoxetine,citalopram and escitalopram which at the moment still hasn’t given me the same improvement in mood but the zopiclone could be not helping as lowering upsetting the brain.
    What antidepressants work for depression better in your opinion

What antidepressants work for depression better in your opinion
    SSRIs do work, but often take longer to kick-in and are more likely to poop-out. SSRIs aren't the most prescribed ADs because they are the most effective, but because they are safer in overdose, and even this isn't true for all of them.

As a generalisation, SNRIs (except venlafaxine), TCAs and MAOIs have an edge in efficacy, imo. However, that said, no AD is intrinsically better than the others, either generally, or for a specific disorder, though one or two may be for an individual. It all comes down to which meshes best with individual biology. Unfortunately, despite lots of effort there is still no reliable diagnostic tool to guide AD selection. It still comes down to trial and error.

Hello wanted to know if anyone on floxetine getting palpitations at all not sure if this is a side effect, nurse said to stop them or see how it goes but only been on them a week so not sure what to do , can't get to speak to a doctor to ask so just to see if anyone here got heart beating faster while taking them, thanks.

Also what time would be ok to stop them if I wanted to I know you can't just stop them but only been taking them a week and 20mg I've never been on medication before.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information