How are you Pamplemousse?

Unfortunately there's now an outbreak in my mom's care home (including my mom infected herself) as all the residents were tested prior to the latest round of jabs that they have started doling out in care homes as from today, but the residents of said home will now obviously have to wait until they've fully recovered from their current Covid infections.

Although the general consensus so far seems to be that current Covid (BA.2.86) is very unlikely to wreak the same calamity on us that earlier Covids did back in 2020-21 and that there's currently no proposals to reinstate any restrictions so far, I can't help ruminating on the fact that when the pandemic first kicked off in early 2020 the powers that be (both in this country and most others around the globe) were caught napping and initially seemed to play down the threat of the virus, but as we all know by the last week of March 2020 we were in national lockdown, which still would have been unthinkable 2 months earlier and now can't help wondering if recent history is about to repeat itself once again and if the authorities may have been caught off guard also once again?

Me and my dad have both done LF tests today and we're both negative ATM and I still plan to attend my day centre as per usual tomorrow, plus I rang the manager there at lunchtime today and she doesn't currently seem overly concerned about this latest Covid episode, unlike 2-3 years ago and even during early 2022 the staff at my day centre were extremely fastidious about all things Covid and strictly adhering to the guidelines.

I know I'm probably being a bit paranoid but does anyone else on here think that any of the Covid restrictions of 2020-early 2022 should be brought back again, or are they now pretty much unwarranted? Concerning both the health implications of the virus itself and all the disruption any new restrictions will inevitably cause.

Having said that, apart from the mention of the start of the latest round of jabs in England today, there's no signs of any extensive wall-to-wall coverage (so far) on the BBC and Sky News channels of this latest Covid scare, unlike in 2020 and much of 2021.