Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Comedians that wouldn't be allowed on TV today

Re: Comedians that wouldn't be allowed on TV today

Nora, BBC2 and iPlayer have Our Flag Means Death at the moment; it's very funny but also carries a huge emotional punch. Very much worth a watch if you haven't done so already.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Nora, BBC2 and iPlayer have Our Flag Means Death at the moment; it's very funny but also carries a huge emotional punch. Very much worth a watch if you haven't done so already.
    I like the look of this, Blue. It has Samson Kayo in and I really liked him in Famalam and Bloods, so I'll check this out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Kevin Bl00dy Wilson
    I really used to enjoy Kenny Everett.
    Not so much Benny Hill.

I am listening to Kevin now

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum123 View Post
    Kenny Everett

How did the BBC not notice Cupid Stunt?

Funnily enough I was looking at a thread over on Digital Spy yesterday which is about TOTP repeats from 1995, and Roy Chubby Brown's vulgar version of 'Alice' was mentioned (and of course had its infamous F-bombs bleeped out when played on the show, both then and now), and quite a few people on DS commented on how crap and juvenile they thought said record was (in retrospect) watching and hearing it now almost 30 years later, nor do they find RC remotely funny in general.

In fact, one of the posters on there posted a link to the BBC site regarding certain local councils cancelling RCB's live appearances in their theatres because they felt he did not reflect the 'cultural values' of the local areas concerned, especially owing to many of his blatantly racist, sexist, and mysogynistic gags, coupled with his well-known tendencies to extreme foul language.

In fact, RCB is due to be performing live at our local Assembly Rooms again this Saturday (2nd March), and me and my dad will be staying well away as we can't stand that odious barsteward of a comedian!

Cheer up, Lenco, he'll be dead soon Quite disappointed to find out he isn't dead already, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Cheer up, Lenco, he'll be dead soon Quite disappointed to find out he isn't dead already, to be honest.
    Wouldn't it be funny if there was a stage invasion during one of his live sets where a disturbed audience member storms the stage and punches the lanky barsteward's lights out?

Won't be me obviously.

Lots of cheesy stuff finds it's way into the charts. Remember Spitting Image or The Goodies. All juvenile stuff but a light laugh for anyone not wanting to be so serious.

I've seen Chubby on video as he was a big thing years ago but that type of show went off the boil years ago.

Some great comedy without shock value. I guess it moves with the times hence why I find some of it dull.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Lots of cheesy stuff finds it's way into the charts. Remember Spitting Image or The Goodies. All juvenile stuff but a light laugh for anyone not wanting to be so serious.

I've seen Chubby on video as he was a big thing years ago but that type of show went off the boil years ago.

Some great comedy without shock value. I guess it moves with the times hence why I find some of it dull.
    Quite a few people seem to opine that extreme shock value stuff is now rather passe and no longer carries the same weight as it once did; both for and against.

Like I also said upthread, hardly anyone seems to get excited by the likes of Eminem and certain others of that particular ilk anymore, though whatever new album he releases will still pretty much always be a guaranteed chart-topper, despite him now being long past his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Quite a few people seem to opine that extreme shock value stuff is now rather passe and no longer carries the same weight as it once did; both for and against.

Like I also said upthread, hardly anyone seems to get excited by the likes of Eminem and certain others of that particular ilk anymore, though whatever new album he releases will still pretty much always be a guaranteed chart-topper, despite him now being long past his prime.
    Well to the kids he's an oldie now just like how millennials are the parent generation trying to be cool.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information