Thread: Can this be muscle

Can this be muscle

Hello not sure I should be writing on here could make me feel worse depending on replys but thought I would see if anyone can help put my mind at rest, 7 months ago I fell and broke my shoulder and had a comple shoulder replacement this was December, since then been recovering and physio, then about 6 weeks ago I just got up 2 morning and was in a lot of pain with my back every step I took was very painful, so I had a private physio come and examined me and said he thought it was trauma from breaking my shoulder even though it was 6 months before , so took painkillers and tried to do gentle exercise he gave me but was still in a lot of pain, then about 2 weeks ago the pain moved to my lower right back and very intense so I've been to my doctor because I thought this can't possibly be muscle pain ots too bad but my doctor said it was muscle too and not bone, they gave me very strong painkillers that done absolutely nothing but made me feel ill so after 5 days I stopped them and just started taking ibuprofen and paracetamol, my worry is the last couple of days it seems to be slightly easing but still hard to walk about but on the evenings it gets very intense and seems back to square one, the pain also comes round my lower back round my waste and and sometimes my groin, I've since done a water test and that was fine, so if anyone knows anything about back or muscle pain can it really last this long and can muscle pain be this bad for so long when 1 minute it feels its getting better the the next it comes back with a vengeance, thank you.

Re: Can this be muscle

I can't say I have experienced something all too similar, but I have seen other people experience this. I work as a medical interpreter, and have been to alot of Out patient providers. The body can be so weird sometimes...they are feeling better after one visit to the PT, then next time they come in they can barely do their exercises due to the pain. Again I am not a professional, but I have seen people experience this before yes.

Thank you for that information it's made me feel a bit better, it's just a worry when something seems it's getting better and then gets worse again and just thought surly this cant be muscle pain it's too bad , but thank you it will just take time I suppose.

I am happy I could be of some comfort! Most patients that I have helped have also complained that their pain is worst at night or in the evenings as well. They are then told it is to be expected since the affected area might be sore from the day's activities. If anything, atleast you can see that you are not alone in this! Alot of people experience something similar. Maybe not exactly the same, but similar indeed!

Yes thank you it is comforting knowing others have had similar, ot just seems like ots ever going to get better I've had 2 quite good days the pain hasn't been so intense and I've been able to do gentle exercise and now today I'm sitting here with heat pad and painkillers just don't make sense, also I don't know if you have any idea what like pumping or pulsating across the lower back , I can only describe it as like a tooth infection and the pain throbs, that comes and goes throughout the day and I can't even sit down when I get it , and then it eases up ,I mainly get that morning and night too it's strange .

Hello there I've been for an xray today for my lower back and was told I could go and get back to my doctors in 10 days, now I know that's what they do because I've had xrays before, but what I'm worried about is the women took xrays from all different angles the front sides and my back I just thought it would be of my lower back , so now I'm worried that something else might show up but would they let you go home and say get in touch with your doctor if they see something else on the xray that was nothing to do with my back, might sound silly but its worrying me now,would anyone know would they still send you home if something else showed up other than what I went there for .

Well I rung for xray results and and just said I have been referred to msk which I was already referred to and said it says border line something but she couldn't read the word so still none of the wiser, so I've had to make a doctors telephone appointment just to ask what this word means what the receptionist couldn't pronounce! . Don't know if I'm writing this in the right place .

Thread Information