Thread: Red spots on arms

Red spots on arms

Hi everyone. I have had health anxiety for a while now, but since Covid, things have really ramped up. I've had a real rollercoaster of a year, made worse by the fact that I write about Covid in my day job as a journalist. However, I'm not worried about Covid...my latest worry is about Leukemia. It's as if all of my worries about this year are poured into irrational rumination of an unrelated affliction.

My worry: I have tiny red spots on my arms that come and go. Usually it is one or two at a time. They are not cherry angiomas — I have those on my torso and totally know what those look like (and those don't go away). I've been to the dermatologist for my annual check ups this year, and he's seen the cherry angiomas.

The tiny red spots on my arms (and a couple of times on my thighs) emerge, then fade within 48-72 hours. They are reddish-purple, and I worry they might be petechiae. I had two CBC tests, one in August and the other in October — my platelets, WBC, and RBC were excellent. My RDW was a little high and my lymphocytes were a touch low, but both have been that way for 10 years and my doctor says that's just "my" normal.

More info: I'm 50, female, vegan, and do have vitiligo. The red dots coming and going really send my anxiety into a spiral. Can anyone give me advice/tough love/feedback? THANK YOU!

Re: Red spots on arms

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaGirl01 View Post

More info: I'm 50, female, vegan, and do have vitiligo. The red dots coming and going really send my anxiety into a spiral. Can anyone give me advice/tough love/feedback? THANK YOU!
    I'm 50 and I have them and they are more visible in summer, so I'm thinking it's allergy related as I get hay fever etc. I have the cherry angiomas too but they are obvious whereas these are tiny little pin pricks on my torso, arms, thighs. It's nothing at all to worry about. X

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I'm 50 and I have them and they are more visible in summer, so I'm thinking it's allergy related as I get hay fever etc. I have the cherry angiomas too but they are obvious whereas these are tiny little pin pricks on my torso, arms, thighs. It's nothing at all to worry about. X
    Thank you! I really appreciate your answer. I didn't think about them being allergy-related! That makes a lot of sense.

I get the spots. I call them blood dots, lil broken vessels. Some fade (get reabsorbed by the body) others don’t and I’m like “Ok got one there now to stay” lol. They appear more when I’m stressed, I’ve stopped looking for them now and don’t take much notice. It’s normal for me too. I also get inflamed hair follicles and get lil red dots that come and go from those. But yea, no need to worry, sounds normal Xx

Thread Information