Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
A combination of ignorance and fear of the unknown. Many doctors these days have never prescribed anything but a SSRI, or SNRI. I'm going through this atm interviewing doctors near where I'm having a new house built and hoping to find an old timer who began practising before SSRIs became available in the late 1980s. Most of the younger ones have never heard of dosulepin and become very uneasy after I tell them what dose I'm on once they've read up on it. Unfortunately, my usual tactic of sounding out the local pharmacist hasn't work because there isn't another patient in the area on any TCA.

The OD concerns are mostly unfounded. Few do so on the AD they are taking and the ones that do usually survive relatively unharmed.

That's what NMP is for, John. I'll be around provided the proverbial bus doesn't have other ideas.

take care,

Ian
Hi Ian

Many many thanks for the insight and information you have provided, I will use it all wisely and try to manage and mitigate the risks as much as possible, when I’m in a position to pull that trigger.

I think I will start with imipramine and see what happens fingers crossed I’ll get my full life back !!!

Thank you again John