Thread: MS worry

MS worry

Hi. I’m hoping someone can help me, I’m beyond worried. I had been having trouble with my eye for a while as felt very dry and tired and having difficulty watching tv. Been to opticians clean bill of health, went to doctors a couple of times and he did basic neuro tests and again all ok, but he said to be on the safe side would send me for MRI. This was December, and into January I got a call saying
    needed to see neurology as have an abnormal amount of white matter on brain and although non-specific looking at MS. Straight after appointment I was getting pins and needles in limbs for about 2 weeks and then it went off.fast forward 5 months and my appointment is next week and I have all the pins and needles back again, but really bad. I’m not sure whether it’s all in my mind as thought creates experience, but it seems so real. The doctor originally said to me they looking at ms but it may turn out to be nothing, but you don’t hear that first You hear ms. I’m 55 and have suffered with anxiety for such a long time but have been managing great over the past few years but this is really getting to me. Has anyone had a lot of
    white matter on brain or had similar experience where symptoms seem to appear according to the disease they looking at. I’m so so fed up with it all, just need to speak to some people who know what it’s like. Thank you so Much for reading my long winded post.

Re: MS worry

I've had pins and needles and twitching on and off so have also gone down the MS route. I haven't had a scan or anything though. It was my understanding that as we age, the brain can show up white matter, not always sinister. EG migraine sufferers can have a similar showing. Your pins and needles do seem to be linked to the stress you are under also. I hope the appointment goes well.

Thank you Nicole I do get migraine but not on a regular basis. I’m hoping that it is the anxious thinking. Reading other posts it seems as the pins and needles is fairly common as a symptom. A week tomorrow and I’ll know whats going on, hopefully. Thanks again.

I have a lot of white matter also. My neurologist said it’s non specific and related to my age (I’m 46) hypotension and migraine.

Thank you for your reply. That settles me a bit knowing that it can be normal. On the scan report they said it was a lot for someone of my age at 55. I suppose each radiographer has a different opinion.

Thread Information