Hey everyone. After foolishly falling back into a state of health anxiety over the last few months, I developed very persistent heart palpitations, and ended up getting an echocardiogram, EKG, and 48 hour Holter monitor done to make sure everything was OK. Everything came back great, which, given my age (19), anxiety levels, and lack of weird family history, surprised no one. The palpitations have immensely subsided. I went from getting 100-150 a day to getting 10 a day at most. So it's prettyyyy clear that they're anxiety related.

Anyway, today I've been bothered by a weird tightness/ache in the middle of my chest, and it's especially uncomfortable when I'm walking around. I've gotten little twinges of pain in between my shoulder blades throughout the day too. This has admittedly freaked me out a bit, as it seems very similar to a sign of an impending heart attack. HOWEVER, I recognize that I'm still in a state of health anxiety, and am sick of fearing that I'm facing imminent death. This stupid chest ache/tightness is just really worrying me, especially because it gets worse when I move.

My chest doesn't really hurt when I press on it, although my back is definitely tender. My pulse has been normal. I feel better when lying down. Any thoughts? I've been feeling this way for about 8 hours now, and the discomfort level has remained about the same...surely that wouldn't be the case if this was cardiac related, right? Thanks so much.