I'm absolutely going out of my mind.

A few weeks ago I had a bad bout of diarrhea, which may or may not have been viral gastroenteritis (or an IBS flare but less likely for me). It lasted about six days. I sent off a couple stool samples to check for inflammatory markers and also infection, but for some reason the doctor called me today some time after to say there was blood in my stool.

Now I'm absolutely terrified it's something bad. I have a hemmorhoid, which I'm pretty sure is still there as I get sore and have had spots of blood when wiping on the tissue, but even with that he said it was not visible to the naked eye, which to me means it could be something worse.

What's weird is that I had a sigmoidoscopy about two years back now that didn't show anything but the hemmorhoid so now my mind's going crazy with fear.

I've never really had the hemmies bleed that much in all honesty, so now I'm assuming the worst that it's something else. And now I have to wait for another call to book me in for an appointment with the doctor for who knows when.

Has anyone had blood in the stool (that wasn't visible) come back as just hemmorhoids or something minor????