Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rib pain... can't relax or wind down due to worry...

Re: Rib pain... can't relax or wind down due to worry...

I hope you find the diazepam helps to take the edge off the rib sensation (if it does it will tell you that your HA is playing tricks). Don't be hard on yourself for coming off your meds-this could have happened anyway. What matters is looking after yourself now and dampening down your anxiety state. Take the diazepam and give your mind a break from the relentless thoughts

I’ve had right sided pain for 3 weeks now and ended up back in hospital today and everything is showing up fine (scans, bloods, urine, stool etc).

I’m on day 3 of Citalopram and desperately want it to kick in! Fingers crossed your meds kick in soon xxx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I hope you find the diazepam helps to take the edge off the rib sensation (if it does it will tell you that your HA is playing tricks). Don't be hard on yourself for coming off your meds-this could have happened anyway. What matters is looking after yourself now and dampening down your anxiety state. Take the diazepam and give your mind a break from the relentless thoughts
    Thanks Pulisa. I ended up taking 8mg in total last night (naughty as I am only meant to have 6mg a day (3x 2mg) but I know where I am with Diazepam. Anyway it knocked me out and I had an amazing evening of not giving a sh*t about anything for like, the first time in months. I needed it. For the first time in ages I woke up today feeling alright, but as the day has gone on the anxiety has gradually seeped back in...

Was out shopping with hubby and I started feeling the weird stabbing/fluttery pain in what I imagine to be my liver/gallbladder area. It has stopped now, but every now and then I get a little flutter and it worries me so much!

Have only had 2mg Diazepam today and only took it cause I started feeling bad again. Doubt I will need any more as I am far better a state of mind and I DO NOT want to end up relying on it and I know it is hellish to come off (besides, I strongly doubt my GP will give out any more as this is my third lot!)

The rib pain has eased off but I am still thinking about it. It is weird.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TBmummy View Post
    I’ve had right sided pain for 3 weeks now and ended up back in hospital today and everything is showing up fine (scans, bloods, urine, stool etc).

I’m on day 3 of Citalopram and desperately want it to kick in! Fingers crossed your meds kick in soon xxx
    That is reassuring that all your tests and scans came back fine, glad to hear that as it has put my mind at rest about my pain. My pain isn't even that bad, it is more of a sensation than anything which anxiety is making worse.

Hope your Citalopram kicks in for you soon. I am on my second week of Sertraline now and I think it had temporarily made my anxiety worse but I know I will settle (have been on it before)

Feel better soon xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information