Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daughter hearing whispers...guy ghosted me...im in a dark place and scared

Re: Daughter hearing whispers...guy ghosted me...im in a dark place and scared

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    There are lots of reasons for hearing voices, I think I posted a link to MIND in one of your other threads that explained it?

Before opting for treatment, why not ask a doctor to assess whether it's needed?

And it could also be a case that you are making irrational links too because of your own issues e.g. It could be minor in your daughter's mind but your anxiety persuades you it's a bigger issue than it is.

I think the thought of her being schizophrenic is my fear....but she said its been going on for about a month. She started school a few weeks ago and says it happens in school sometimes. And she says it can get loud at times like yelling. But I am trying not to put my issues on her... That's when I feel like I'm failing as a parent that maybe she is mirroring my issues. But even she said she knows its not schizophrenia because she has watched some docs on it (she is into stuff like that)

Re: Daughter hearing whispers...guy ghosted me...im in a dark place and scared

just came back from my daughters first meeting with her counselor she was super friendly. she said that as of now the voices aren't telling her to do stuff or articulating to her and outside of some depression she is fine. They wouldn't diagnose her schizophrenic unless it was a last resort after seeing her a few times and they don't diagnose that until after 14 years of age. they said it could be part of the depression and may go away once the underlying depression is addressed. she said she is amazing and bright and I shouldn't be scared or worried

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information