Thread: Weird smells again

Weird smells again

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=173538
    I am worried as i can smell graphite again this time it seems to be when i smelled the back of my hand. I got my friend to smell it but he said he couldn't which got me really worried i dont know what it could be and am convinced its brain cancer. Someone please help

Re: Weird smells again

Are you having seizures,cognitive problems,visual disturbances and severe pains in your head? If not then it's highly doubtful it's brain cancer. Do you suffer with sinus problems?

I went through a 3 month period of smelling odd smells. Like burning/electronic smells. I was convinced that I was gonna drop and have a seizure or that I had a brain tumor.

Before that it was heart issues. And it's heart issues again! Currently not in the weird smell phase, but I am pretty sure this can just be an annoying anxiety symptom!

i have all of the above, minus the headackes , i worried about brain cancer as well , had mri, turns out i'm fine.i went through what you are describing and trust me, it's just you being hyperactive. you pay too much attention to your surroundings, to visual, olfactory, gustatory stimuli and your brain gets confused when trying to process all of it at once...and thus both of our symptoms.

i used to walk on the street and smell burnt wood out of nowhere, then panic settles in...i thought i heard a familiar voice in a strager, then panic settles in...i thought i couldn't differenciate between the taste of onions and garlic, then panic again...i was convinced i had dementia (which is still my conviction to some extent) and went to my psych...she explained the "fairytale" (long story ) about cortisol and serotonin and different parts of the brain being activated at once, bla bla bla...here i am , months later, the symptoms have subsided, i don't pay too much attention the what i smell or hear or thought i just saw in the corner of my eye.

i get anxious when i forget things or when i eat too much or have intrusive thoughts, but i'm working on shifting my mental response towards something productive, i suggest you relax and do the same.good luck and if you need to talk, pm me !
    Last edited by rbm; 21-11-15 at 19:09.

The first time I had anxiety and panic was in the middle of the night and for months after that every time I started to go up stairs to bed I would get a funny smell in my nose it was the stress of knowing I will not sleep that night stress sucks.

Thanks a lot for your replies guys thankfully the smell is gone. I believe I overreacted as I was in school and I probably had the smell on my hand and my oversensitive sense of smell made me aware of it.

I had these weird smells before off and on, I think it was sinus problem.

Thread Information