Oh, thank you! I have been up all night constantly swallowing air and spitting excess saliva in cups and dry heaving belches of large air. I have aerophagia (excess belcing and stomach upset) due to this condition. I haven't slept in 32 hours. I have severe anxiety, panic, fear and phobia. I blame my worrier-what ifs personality. I have recently started taking 25 mg of Sertraline (Zoloft) and this morning had to take a 0.25 mg Xanax to calm a massive panic attack. This is an embarrassing, gross, obsessive issue. I started having this problem 3 years ago. My Husband told me he noticed I slept with my mouth open and I swallowed lots of air when I drank....and THIS is where I started paying attention to it and trying to correct/control it. I had sinus surgery, for no reason. It changed nothing, except now I am sensitive to smells, too. I was treated for anxiety 3 years ago with Zoloft 25mg daily. It worked!! All anxiety and habits, GONE! Stopped taking meds April 2007. And slowly the stress, anxiety, panic, fear, phobia and habits all came back and here I am again.....loosing my little mind and feeling like I am going die. I think it is an anxious habit for me. I only notice it when I am anxious or when I think about it. But when I try to think about it to control and stop it, I do it more. I do it alot when having dental work done. I have severe dental anxiety, not to mention all other types of anxiety, that I've had since i was like 4 years old. I am hoping meds, exercise, distractions and cognitive-behavioral therapy will help me. I hate meds and want to get off again. I am 24, have a husband and daughter and I need my life back. I'm missing out. I hope all you find what works. Here is a book I am going to buy and recommend it to you all "The Worry Cure: Ways to Stop worrying from Stopping You" Good luck to us all. Glad I am not alone!!