This weekend was huge for me - I found out I passed the bar exam and it was my birthday. My family went on a weekend get away. It was the first time in ages that I let myself relax. I didn’t bring masks because almost all of what we did was outside except for one dinner. Covid numbers are tiny right now. We had an amazing time and I thought to myself - wow, that felt like normal life again.

Then, we got home Monday and I his morning my daughter woke up sick and tested positive for Covid. This is the second time she’s had it. I’ve already had it twice and the last time I developed POTS, had persistent dizziness for months, and when I had routine bloodwork done a few months later had dangerously high vascular inflammation.

It makes me so nervous both for her to have it a second time and the high likelihood that I’ll get it for a third time. I’m also just so incredibly sad that we can’t just live our lives without constantly worrying about this and the second I let my guard down to have one celebration, there’s Covid. I’m so tired of it.