My daughter had walking pneumonia from something called Mycoplasma she was sick for three weeks, she got pretty bad and had to have a chest X-ray at hospital. At first they thought it was just tonsillitis so I wasn’t really being as careful when she was coughing as I didn’t think she was contagious. Luckily she’s much better now.

I’ve caught it too but I’ve been lucky as I haven’t had as a bad a fever as she did, a very mild fever barely over normal. The thing I have noticed is my heart rate! Resting I’m usually 60 - 65bpm sometimes 70/75 if I’m more anxious but since I’ve been poorly it’s between 85 - 100 resting and when I was getting up and walking around it was like 110 - 130. I am doing my best not to panic and I’ve done pretty well. The fever and sore muscles have passed but I’ve still got a chest infection, and my heart is still at 100 sometimes even sitting down. My question is, does this happen to everyone? I’m used to it if I have a fever, when I had covid I had a horrible fever and a fast heart rate. But without a fever it feels weird that my hearts beating so fast. I’m hoping this can teach me that a faster heart rate isn’t dangerous as I’ve had a long term fear with my heart and I did let it get a bit out of control.