Hi, haven’t posted in a while but my anxiety has been horrendous for the last few weeks. About six weeks ago I had a uti that I had antibiotics to treat. I had diahorrea for about two weeks due to the antibiotics. I have had awful pain while passing stools for a couple of weeks now. The pain lasts for a good few hours afterwards and there has been blood the majority of the time. I saw a doctor last week who confirmed that I have an anal tear which I can see myself. He gave me cream that I have been using for the last four days but still the pain and blood continues. This has been my biggest fear for years and now I am living it. I have read that fissures can take weeks to heal but I’m scared that it won’t and that it could be something more sinister even though logically it all makes sense that it’s a fissure. Before the antibiotics I had no issue with pain and bleeding but the health anxiety is trying to take over and I’m finding it difficult to fight off.

Has anyone else dealt with a long term fissure? I’m also concerned that I might need surgery to sort it out if the cream doesn’t work. Any replies would be much appreciated.