Thread: Getting bad anxiety that I have covid and am going to die because I'm high risk.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Getting bad anxiety that I have covid and am going to die because I'm high risk.

My parents came back from a cruise and said they both felt sick but said it's "just a cold." Well, I caught it now too and I just assumed that it's a cold. I been having head pressure, stuffy nose, a cough here and there, along with taste gone at the moment. It was partially there earlier today. Well, I got home and decided to check my temperature. It said: 99.5 which is low fever. This makes me a little concerned now about what I possibly have. Covid is something that's more prevalent so it cold be that. But my parents aren't too bothered with their symptoms and they are high risk too.

I'm scared because I'm overweight and that I could die from it if I have covid. I don't want to freak out and start buying up covid tests and going to see doctors, etc. but idk.

I was vaccinated ONCE in 2021 with a single dose vaccine and had covid in 2022. I used Paxlovid and cleared it out in a week. Only problem is for Paxlovid, you have to take it within 5 days of symptoms. It's going to be day 3 tomorrow.

Maybe I will end up being fine but I've heard so many stories about people getting it real bad and fighting for their life. I don't want that to be me. Please help calm me down. :(

My parents are dismissing that I got anything from them because they didn't get a fever. But I started getting sick a few days after they came home from the cruise so the timing is there...
    Last edited by Seaster; 16-02-24 at 01:53.

Thread Information