Quote Originally Posted by Pkstracy View Post
Len you have to ask yourself, is it worth my energy getting upset about, you would really hate living in American Cities where there is tagging (graffiti) everywhere, it's illegal here as well, and if it's a shop or business, it's the business owner who has to hire someone to paint over it, if it's city buildings the city has to pay for it, but the cops are more worried about is the guy that is holding a gun to his wife and kids going to hand over said weapon before anyone gets killed, is the narcan going to work on the teen how just overdosed on a drug or am i going to have to notify the family, is that drunk that I am chasing going to hit another car before I can get them to pull over, is that person holding a gun on me going to fire on me before I can talk them down. It's not that people don't care, it's there really are more important things to worry about than someone spray painting The older generation grew up with our moms smoking in the car, in our faces, around us, we used to live in a society where it was normal to smoke on planes, in hotels, restaurants what have you and don't think anything of it either. Control only what you can control, was the mother in the wrong for smoking in front of her children in the car where it is illegal, yes it is, does it warrant you reporting her? No, now if she were drinking and drunk then yes report her and prevent her from leaving.
You're certainly correct in the sense that graffiti tagging is a widespread issue pretty much the world over, and has been for donkeys years now, though a lot of tags tend to look rather homogeneous and samey in style and appearance/presentation worldwide nowadays, and have increasingly become that way for at least the past 25 years or so, unlike in the past (even well into the 2000s in my area in particular) it wasn't uncommon to see tags that read slogans like 'X and Y woz' ere' written in plain straightforward handwriting unique to the tagger, though I suppose the demise of that in the UK since the late 2000s could be largely attributed to the rise of smartphones and social media during the time that has since elapsed. Let's face it, such graffiti tags in public toilet facilities that were once ubiquitous now seem to be a much rarer sight, especially in the 2 train stations I frequent the most.

As for a lot of the gun crime Stateside that you mentioned, I guess most of us here in the UK should be grateful that, while it does occur in some areas every now and then, it's still much rarer here than in many other countries around the world (absolutely no gloating nor America-bashing intended from me).