Hi all,

I hadn't had rabies fear for a while but yesterday it came back with a vengance.

I'm in Georgia, the country in Caucuses, and there are lots of strays here but they're well looked after and dogs with ear tags have had at least one rabies vaccination.

I was running yesterday and a dog ran up to me and jumped up. He was friendly but big so when he jumped his paw made contact with my hand. I did notice a bit of redness on my thumb but carried on running. Then when I got back to the hotel did a bit of googling (big mistake!) And got down an anxious rabbit hole.

A few things
A) there is rabies here, but it's not common in the big cities
B) the dog had an ear tag which means he's had at least one vaccination. This was confirmed by my guide but sources online (including the official Visit Georgia website) say there's no guarantee they were vaxxed recently.
C) the dog 100% did not have any signs of rabies, he was very friendly and only jumped at me to say hello, it was also very wet and the dog was drinking from puddles etc.
D) I've had 5 shots of rabies vacc 5/6 years ago, and when I went to ask the travel vaccination clinic about it before I was told that nobody who had had 3+ rabies vaccinations had ever caught it
E) I don't even think I had an open wound! I had a bit of redness yesterday, a faint red line, and nothing really today. I washed my hands with a few soaps and used a hand wipe (not sure if it was antiseptic) yesterday but didn't get any stinging. Didn't bleed etc.

But I've managed to work myself up about a hugely hypothetical situation where the dog was pre-symptomatic, he got rabid saliva on his paws and then jumped at me and opened the skin just enough to give me the virus (I'm not 100% sure what the travel vaccinater said was true as I haven't found anything to back this up online, but obvs she should know what she's talking about).

Other things I've read online say to see a Dr just in case, but I know in these hypothetical situations that's just letting anxiety/ OCD win. It's definitely not the first time I've had anxiety like this and I can't keep running to the Dr when anything happens. Obviously if the dog had bitten me or definitely scratched me I'd see the Dr but it's these unsure scenarios I really struggle to deal with.

Can anyone help?