Hi all. Over the last week IÂ’ve experienced sudden weakness or heaviness in both of my legs (however I think the right leg is worse). This has quickly progressed to my arms. ItÂ’s really just come out of nowhere. I walk a lot and IÂ’ve never experienced tiring this easily while walking. I feel like a bag of concrete. Just now IÂ’ve gotten up to go to the bathroom and I am off balance and felt like I was going to fall. I do have some dull achiness around my right side hip and base of my spine mainly (though it radiates into the left a bit). Have also experienced some dull cramps, tingling and pins and needles. My buttock area also seems to have a vibrating feeling off an on.

IÂ’ve read the sticky on ALS and I can walk on top toes, heels, hop on one leg, jump, do calf raises. I can get up off the floor from sitting without using my hands but itÂ’s difficult (IÂ’m 41). I know the sticky says ALS is about failure not feeling but IÂ’ve just read so many stories from people who have been diagnosed whose disease started off as some weakness or stiffness then progressed into falling.

I do have some trouble with buttons, tying laces and I have had shaky hands since I was a teenager. My parents often make comments about how awkward I open boxes, hold things. My hands also feel clumsy often.

I do want to add that yesterday my symptoms and weakness didnÂ’t seem as bad as the day before. But today theyÂ’ve felt worse.

I guess I just need some reassurance before I go to the doctor tomorrow. I know my dr will just think IÂ’m anxious and probably brush me off. I feel really panicky tonight after reading all of those ALS stories when I was hoping IÂ’d read something that would convince me that I definitely donÂ’t have it. IÂ’ve never worried about ALS before but this new and sudden feeling of heaviness and fatigue is so scary and the fact that itÂ’s been there for a week now worries me a lot.