Quote Originally Posted by jackieann3 View Post
Hello wanted to know if anyone on floxetine getting palpitations at all not sure if this is a side effect,
Palpitations can be an initial side-effect of SSRIs, SNRIs and some TCAs due to the initial increase in serotonin activity. Serotonin isn't only a brain neurotransmitter. It has many functions in the body including in the regulation of blood vessel tone, constriction and dilation and this can be impacted for a while until the body adjusts. They are also mild anticoagulants. Increased anxiety from taking meds for the first time may also be contributing to the palpitations. If you're reasonably healthy the palpitations are probably nothing more than a nuisance, but I suggest your consult your GP if you're concerned if only for peace of mind.

Also what time would be ok to stop them if I wanted to I know you can't just stop them but only been taking them a week and 20mg I've never been on medication before.
Given you've only been taking fluoxetine for a week and that it has a very long half life you could stop taking it without tapering off. It may take a couple of weeks for all of it to be metabolized and eliminated so the side-effects may not stop immediately.