Hi everyone

I'm currently under the crisis team as my anxiety/depression became so bad I felt I urgently needed to end my life.

This was after a year of trying various medications and therapies, feeling like nothing was really helping me.

I'm currently 3 weeks into taking dulozetine at 60mg. I am experiencing the same symptoms I always have when taking antidepressants: feeling of being extremely cold, shivery and sore throat. It feels like I'm coming down with a cold/flu but it never goes away and is making me feel hopeless because all I want to do is stay in bed. This happened when I took sertraline and venlafaxine too so I know it is a side effect.

I have spoken to my psychiatrist and he cannot give any explanation for this and said it is very unusual to get flu like symptoms when taking antidepressants.

Can anyone explain why this keeps happening to me? It is making me want to quit taking medication again and that never ends well. I feel stuck between feeling mentally bad or physically ill on medication.

Please help or advise what you would do in my situation xxxx