Hi all,

I just wanted to reach out and summarise where I am to see if anyone can offer any light that might make me feeling a little less hopeless.

As you will have seen from my previous thread, I’ve had a really anxious time lately, starting with me being fixated on everyone going away on trips, and me being left on my own for days at a time, which happened nearly every week or every other week for a few months.

Since then, my anxiety levels have become out of control, I’ve spiralled. I’m anxious 24/7, and where before my anxiety was GAD with very rare panic attacks, I’m now having them every day, even lying in my own bed. I’ve become scared to do anything, haven’t showered in a week, and can’t really do anything. It just never eases. I’m forcing enough food down me to keep me going but it’s not enough.
I have a referral to a psychiatrist from the GP and am trying to find a private one to look at meds, as the NHS have been less than useless.

I’ve basically become frozen to do anything that might actually help me. Does anyone have any advice on steps I can take to get myself out of it?