One morning my doorbell rang very early, I didn't answer it as I wasn't even sure if it was my door bell at that point and I had other relaxing sounds playing and thought it was some interuption to that.

I thought no more of it until around lunchtime I noticed that my back garden gate was open. I figured the ring on the doorbell was someone trying to alert me to it, but aware it could have been a burglar checking whether I was home.

A few days earlier I'd had a gardener at the property. I know he was going to open the gate to do some work on the other side of it. A friend who also uses the gardener told me he's left her gate open before now.

So, it could have been the gardener and possibly that's the most likely explanation.

I've never been concerned with intruders before as I'd fight like hell, I also go to bed in the early hours of the morning anyway, so not a lot of hours left before people are up and about. I've always been like this and didn't do it for fear of intruders. I also lived where there was a lot of bright street lighting, but now the lighting is turned off until 4am.

I'm not concerned while I'm awake as I'm in control, but suddenly not wanting to go to sleep. Exhausted obviously.

Has anyone had CBT or therapy for this sort of thing? Other words of wisdom would be appreciated. Where I live has always been very peaceful and low crime, but since the pandemic that seems to have changed, I think it has in a lot of places.