Hi guys, so i live in the USA and recently developed a huge fear of rabies. I see a lot of people have that in common, and it is really frustrating.

So i just want to share my scenario to see if it is possible to understand what I am saying or if it's just anxiety. It was 95 plus outside yesterday, and this scenario took place at 5:30 P.M., so it was still very hot outside.

Yesterday, i decided to go to my barber's house to cut my hair, we are close families, so that is why I went to a house to cut my hair. Upon arriving, i noticed there was something dead on the front porch of their house. I walked by it and saw it was either a very small mouse or a baby bird. The only thing that was there was its tail and the skin; the skin was very much visible because i think it was longer there and there were a lot of insects and bugs on it. I avoided it and went in to cut my hair. 40 min later, I left my barber's house and stupidly decided to take a picture of it standing a few feet away.

I took a picture and then felt a sting on my arm. Now this is where it gets very scary for me. Now I think that the insect that was eating it somehow had rabies saliva in its mouth or on its sting, and it stung me, and it got into my body that way. I am not making this up, this is seriously what I think; sorry if this sounds crazy but I think it does too. I know insects do not carry it, but is it possible this way to transmit it from insects to humans?

Is this possible or not, or is there no way something like this would have happened? Even if that thing was rabid and had saliva on it and the insects got to it, it would have dried, right??? My arm still hurts, and I see some redness there and a small bump-looking thing.

What should I do, I am very scared, and I think I have been exposed to rabies in that way, so anyone, please, if you can, answer. Thank you