Thread: Joining the rabies anxiety bandwagon- I was bitten by a kitten

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Joining the rabies anxiety bandwagon- I was bitten by a kitten

My parents have a farm and used to have just two cats, but then they had some that were dumped
    and found their way to their house, so while they are working to get everyone spayed and vaccinated they have a couple of litters of kittens. There is one that is about 5 weeks old now; she was out so I brought her some turkey with the hope of taming her. Well, she got excited about the turkey and leapt up and bit my finger. It did draw blood, just for a moment and still stings.

She’s obviously not been vaccinated yet and she’s too young, she lives outside, and her mom’s not done yet either as they haven’t been able to catch her. The Google monster says it’s unlikely for a kitten that young to be rabid, but not impossible.

I just got UTD on tetanus and I’m going to message my doctor to see what she says/suggests but of course I’m very paranoid about this now. If she were an indoor kitty I’d not worry but she’s not.

EDIT:I guess I’ll wait for my doctors response, even if she doesn’t answer until Monday that’s fine right? I can’t even see the spot on my finger (though it stings) so it’s probably silly to go to the ER or urgent care (I don’t think urgent care does post rabies anyway) especially for a low likelihood but idk. I also looked up cost and even though I have insurance it could still be super expensive if recommended, so that’s upsetting too.
    Last edited by .Poppy.; 01-07-23 at 20:01.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information