Hi friends. Well, it's 2023 and here I am with my second bout of Covid! I thought I was going to manage well, but my anxiety has been spiking this afternoon. All this past week I've been having these weird pressure/tension headaches. My ears would fill up when I stood up and it felt like there was a band being tightened over my temples. I even went to my doctor on Thursday to have my ears checked thinking maybe I had an ear infection.

Then, yesterday I started getting a scratchy throat and this morning I woke up with a cough. So, I took a test and it was positive. That headache has only gotten worse. My ears feel full and it's that band-like tension. And on the left side on and off it almost feels like the muscle over my temple is contracting/spasming - like someone is pressing on it or something.

I'm not sure if the week prior was some kind of prodrome for Covid coming on or if the headaches are totally unrelated. It is allergy season. But, man the anxiety just plowed me over! I think it's been coming on all week for some reason. I haven't had a lot of anxiety in a long time. But man, this has been a week, and now Covid. UGH.

I'm also sad because my daughter's birthday part was scheduled for tomorrow and her actual birthday is Tuesday and we had all these plans. She's struggling a lot today because of all the disappointment, but being as tough as she can.

Has anyone else had these bad pressure/tension headaches with Covid? Just looking for some good vibes, reassurance, etc...

I've had three Covid vaccines (last one November 2021) and then Covid in July 2022. So, I have some immunity, but I didn't get the bivalent booster.

This is my three weeks off between my spring semester and summer classes and man I'm just so BUMMED!!!