Hi guys. OK thought I'd post this in here after an incident around 2 and a half/3 weeks ago. Without running over old ground and cutting a long story short, there has been tension between the wife and our son. Also between wife and daughter but that's another story in a household that resembles a particularly lively episode of Eastenders.

Anyway temperatures reached boiling over and son turned up here with wife-to-be in tow. He asked to see wife who duly got up and came downstairs. The situation escalated quickly before son turned the sofa over and punched a dent in the door between the lounge and kitchen. He then urged wife to take all of her tablets and then left. Oh and she was dead to him.

Had I known this would kick off so quickly, I would have taken our black lab outside. Anyway, she is a rescue dog with an already existing history of anxiety. Since the above, I can't leave her here on her own. This morning I came back from Asda and the kitchen bin was over with contents scattered and plastic 'bags for life' shredded.

I had come in the back door and she didn't know. She was jumping up at the front window, presumably to look for me. Its notable that this behaviour only happens here. At my sister's and my Dad's she's fine.

I've been looking online at ways to help her. Myself and brother have to take my Dad to a mental health assessment on Monday. I think I'll have to take black lab with me and leave her in my Dad's house.

I'm not expecting any magical answers, just sharing.