Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
You've no more chance of 'moving on' from these things as I have with King Chaz and his side-chick Queen. THOSE PAIR GRIND ALL MY GEARS. THE INJUSTICE!!! ARRRGHHHHH!!!

Autistics have the tenacity of limpets when it comes to shizzle they feel passionately about. (My English teacher got a taste of this when I handed in a 20 page essay on Duran Duran in 82 ha ha)

The Neurotypical Guide of How to Live With an Autistic Human..

Rule number 3: Let them bang on about stuff you have no interest in...

Amma right, Len?
Yes you are Nora, despite the fact that sadly there's still far too many people out there who see us Auties as a hindrance and seem to long for the days before 'PC-gone-mad' when and where they could be as ableist as they pleased with impunity, both physically and verbally.

I never forget those condescending words from a couple of staff members at college back in the mid 90s who blatantly said that I would probably never be employed by anyone as they thought I was too slow, distant, and therefore a hindrance to them alone. Needless to say, I called it quits there soon after.

In fact, that particular college has a long-running track record for chaotic management, general lack of accountability, blame culture and endless chopping and changing of things. My mom actually worked there herself from 2004 through to 2013 when she finally retired, so I heard plenty of iffy stuff about the place.

I bet your teacher wasn't too enthusiastic about Duran Duran though, and no doubt believed they were a corrupting influence on kids at the time, even though they seemed relatively tame compared to certain other acts, both then and now. Incidentally, their 1982 hit 'Hungry Like The Wolf' reminded me of a staff member at the nursery I attended at the age of 3 1/2 in late 1980-early 1981 who reeked to high heaven of BO, and inadvertently stank the whole place out, which I covered in another thread on here last year.