And it’s all I think about all day every day. I just can’t escape it. I’m hoping some of you are going to tell me I’m being ridiculous.

This is bizarre and a little embarrassing to write.

When I was around 7/8 years old I stopped at a friends house and sometime before bed for whatever reason I went under the sheets and started touching / tickling his feet. I have absolutely no idea why I did this or why I felt like this was an okay thing to do. I can remember him laughing and then for some horrible reason I remember licking his foot for like a second. I remember him saying in shock “was that your tongue?!” And I lied and said no. Then we went to sleep.

I never did anything like that ever again and forgot about it for 20 years. Then one day it popped into my head and oh my God the shame, embarrassment and anxiety about what I did is horrendous and it’s eating away at me.

I keep trying to tell myself that I was just a kid and kids do bizarre things and that it’s unlikely the guy even remembers it and even if he does he probably doesn’t care.

But my anxious mind is saying I’ve abused him. He’s scarred for life. He’s traumatised. What if he felt / feels violated? What if he feels like he was sexually assaulted? Am I a child abuser?

At one point it was so bad I was scared to change my daughters nappy which is ridiculous I know.

I keep worrying I’m going to receive a message from him saying I remember what you did. You abused me. I’m going to get the police involved etc…

I don’t know how I could live with myself if I’d abused someone, let alone an innocent child.

Please someone tell me I’m overreacting!