Hi there,

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, as not really mirt specific, but here goes...

I'm new to mirtazapine, been taking it for about 2 weeks following coming off citalopram (long story!), following a long period of anxiety (even longer story). Up to now, it's actually been great - anxiety much reduced, sleeping well, eating much better...However, I was at the hairdresser last night, and felt the anxiety almost clunk in. Tried to relax over the evening, and slept well, but this morning I'm still wound up. Really struggling to feel like eating, and feeling down.

I think I just need a bit of reassurance that setbacks are normal, and don't mean that the drugs don't work and I'm heading back to the bad times. Does anyone else have experience with, I guess, just handling bad days? It's been very busy in work after the Xmas holidays, and perhaps I've been trying to do too much.

I do struggle with all or nothing thinking - either everything is ABSOLUTELY FINE, or I'm quitting my job and moving back in with my parents. I don't seem to have space for 'yeah, you felt bad today, but it'll ease up and you'll feel better tomorrow'.

Gosh this stuff is so hard!