For about 3 - 4 weeks I have had a dull ache in my mid back area towards the left flank. It is localised and not severe in pain, just a low level dull ache. I don't even notice it most of the time but it's always there and I can always feel it if I move in a certain away. Didn't bother me too much at first but it is stubbornly hanging around and I am noticing it more. The position if worrisome is I think it's near the pancreas area. Any hey presto when I start worrying about that some of the other symptoms of pancreatic cancer start coming my way in recent days including foul-smelling stools (really bad smell), lots of burping and feeling of nausea. These could be down to stress as I am really worried about it now. I woke up at 3am last night and couldn't back to sleep and just googled constantly about symptoms. I am 44, male and while it is less common for people my age it is not unheard of. Positives are, as mentioned my age, most people get it when they are a bit older and the fact that I have had similar health anxiety fears in the past about things like ALS that didn't turn out to be sinister. One other worrisome symptom is my weight loss. About two yers I was running regularly and my weight was around 88kg. I then broke my foot and stopped running for a while and didn't go about weighing myself. However it turns out I am now 81.5kg which is a big reduction and I am not sure how I lost so much. It's worth noting though that I was this weight three months ago too during a workplace physical and it hasn't dropped since then so maybe I just lost a bit over time (stressful house move, stress leave from work and changed job, wife considering separation).

I had been on citalopram for a few years after my ALS scare but I stopped taking it. However, I started again today as I am so worried about pancreatic cancer. I want to go to my GP to get new bloodwork done and would like a CT scan of the area but I think I will be waiting weeks and possibly months. Just really down and worried at the moment as the dull ache in that area is a constant reminder of a cancer that can kill people very quickly. I am finding it hard ot handle the situation and I have just started a new job and don't want this to affect all that. Any advice as to what I should do?