I am 33 now, Back when I was around 25 I got up one morning at 5am to go to my early morning part time job, I was walking in the dark to get there and all of a sudden I started to feel weird, clamy, sweaty, heart beating fast, feeling like I was going to pass out alone in a dark London street... I panicked massively and my heart was beating fast. I felt a weird tennis ball type pain on the left of my chest..I thought that was it..I was going to die of a heart attack right there and then. I turned around and went home, locked myself indoors terrified, googling my symptoms (they all said it was things related to heart failure). I started to go insane, I was now 100% convinced my heart was going to fail at the age of 25.
I didnt want to go out, I stopped working out, I started measuring my heart rate constantly throughout the day, I thought if I make my heart race just a little bit I will drop dead. Eventually I went to the doctor, He sent me for a heart test etc and that's when they finally told me I had anxiety and acid reflux.

I couldn't accept it was just that..I went home, I was never told I ever had anxiety in my life..I started looking online and studying the effects of anxiety and found this forum. I was a wreck I couldn't be out without panicking, I couldn't stop worrying about my heart and health.

Eventually with time, and reading and posting on here I stopped caring about my symptoms, I started going out and ignoring them and made an absolute full recovery.

If it wasn't for the knowledge of other anxious people on this forum I wouldn't have known my symptoms were totally normal, I would very likely be on depression and anxiety medication and would have been in a vicious cycle and a wreck probably for the rest of my life.

I am forever thankful, I still have some really bad anxious days but I know everything now ..I just battle on and my life is good!

Thanks to everyone here.