I don't know why I'm posting here as such because its something that isn't in my head, its very much a real problem at the moment but I'm wondering if anyone's experienced the same thing I guess

So about a month ago I notice my right testicle feels weird and achey, probably only a 1 or 2 out of 10 on "pain" but its constant, annoying and worse when moving/brushing against my leg and incredibly tender.

I kind of feel its something I've had in the past but I always ignored it and it went away - I assumed it was the same thing so I ignored it, only it hasn't gone away.

Obviously being a bit of a hypochondriac I immediately jump to Cancer even though testicular cancer seems to be more of a painless lump. It's very very difficult to have a feel down there for lumps and bumps when you can barely touch it due to how sensitive its got but from what I could feel it seemed...normal.

I also notice its moved, its like its rotated a little bit, gone higher up and its very much not where it used to be!

I basically lived on ibuprofen for 2 weeks in the hope it would go but no, eventually I gave up and rang the doctors last week - fully expecting a "we can see you in 3 weeks time" instead after explaining my situation I get told can I leave work and go to this doctors surgery that I've never been to that very morning. I do, he has a bit of a feel, sits there looking at it saying thats very much wrong/worrying and it shouldn't be like that and wonders if Its possible I have an infection or testicular torsion (which I didn't see how I could as thats very painful and needs surgery like the same day) I should go to A&E and lie about the pain to get seen quicker and get a scan. I wander off to A&E, get seen by another doctor who has a quick poke but doesn't mention the position just says it might be an infection but we don't really do ultrasounds unless its an emergency. Theres a bit of a back and forth and they agree to give me an ultrasound. So I have an ultrasound just on the testicles, nothing else in the area, told the blood supply seems fine, no sign of twisting, no worrying lumps, go back to the doctor in A&E who tries to lecture me about pain not showing up on an ultrasound - suggests some antibiotics incase its an infection and sends me on my way.

So anyway, that was a bit of a day - I'm here on day 5 with my antibiotics and paracetamol and its no better really. So I fear I'm going to end up having to pay privately to go see a urologist or something after I've finished my 10 day course.

Don't suppose we have any ball experts here? I'm at a bit of a loss, googles not really been that helpful - I don't think I'm dying but its awfully inconvenient, It's not too bad if I don't move much but just generally walking around during the day it gets gradually worse. Fair play to the NHS however, 9am I'd rang up for a doctors appointment and by 3pm I'd had an ultrasound so that was fairly reassuring - if not a bit of a shame I have no answers!