Thread: Trying EMDR

Talking Trying EMDR

Hello all,

I have had 2 sessins of EMDR and thought I would share with you all what happened yesterday. I had to go back to good times in my life and as i'm sure some of you may agree it's quite hard when all you have focused on for such a long time is anxiety and panic. Anway...... I went back to my honeymoon when we went to Florida. I focused on all the felings I had when we walked up Main Street USA and saw the castle in front of us...........

All of a sudden I felt it and my whole body relaxed. It is the first time I have had absolutely no fear in my body in such a long time. I know it is just the beginning but I just felt great and the panic levels have been at an all time low today. Even got a great night sleep. Just wanted to share something positive.

I will keep you all posted if you're interested.

Susan.
    xx

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming

WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Re: Trying EMDR

Hi there susan, yes it would be interesting to hear about any future sessions you have. Im assuming its something to do with regression but dont really know what EMDR means but glad it seems to be working for you....keep us posted... xxx

EMDR is Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprogramming.

When any traumatic experiences have not been processed throughout life they become "hotwired" into the brain. With every pasing day they become stronger and stronger ( which can and did in my case lead to panic attacks) and therefore creating a non existent fear based on the past. EMDR works by keeping the language centre in the brain switched on and working to process past experiences.

Thats kinda the short version but I didn't want to bore you all with the rest. Haha

Will keep you all posted.

xx
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming

WOO HOO - What a Ride!

Thanks for the explanation and it sounds even more interesting now...look forward to part three! xxx

Thread Information