Thread: Nervous about Chest X-ray - please some words of calming :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nervous about Chest X-ray - please some words of calming :(

Hello all
    So I’ve suffered with anxiety / health anxiety for many years now.

Really bad typical ‘googler’ then convincing myself I have something terrible (even though I never do!)

This time around, I decided to finally go to the doctors and try and address the Night Sweats I’ve had , which I’m pretty sure I’ve had on and off for a few years but it’s now decided to bother my brain.

I don’t tend to have the night sweats every single night but often. I’m sure that when I have them it’s after ‘anxiety dreams’ or ‘vivid dreams’ but when I have them I feel soaked and have to change my shirt.

My GP felt my nodes - fine, did full blood test, fine, all markers normal etc

Fast forward to last week, I woke up with a sharp pain in my back when breathing in,
    The pain was sharp in my upper back but NOT in my chest

I went to the ER as I freaked out & they checked my heart. Fine… listened to my lungs.. sounded fine

They re ran my bloods and my white blood cell count was up but everything else was fine.. they suspected infection could be doing something strange

Anyway they prescribed my antibiotics and the next day the pain had gone… I’m not sure whether it’s just coincidence that I had some infection somewhere , because I don’t know the antibiotics would work that fast.. I think maybe could have pinched a nerve or pulled a muscle in my sleep? Hard to say but it went within 24 hours

Anyway because my white bloods were up & to further investigate my night sweats, GP has sent me for a chest X-ray ‘incase there’s any signs of infection etc’

Obviously this has sent my anxiety spiralling out of control & I’m really stressed.. ex smoker , still smoke socially a few cigarettes at the weekend but vape the rest of the time (tried quitting vaping but just can’t yet, my mental health isn’t there yet)

I’m only a 30 year old male.. need some encouraging words please :( my minds going mad with worry yet again

Re: Nervous about Chest X-ray - please some words of calming :(

Bump

Wish I had a helpful answer, but just wanted to let you know someone's listening and hopes all is well. It sounds as though your GP is just trying to cover all the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by kwselfhelp View Post
    Hello all
    So I’ve suffered with anxiety / health anxiety for many years now.

Really bad typical ‘googler’ then convincing myself I have something terrible (even though I never do!)

This time around, I decided to finally go to the doctors and try and address the Night Sweats I’ve had , which I’m pretty sure I’ve had on and off for a few years but it’s now decided to bother my brain.

I don’t tend to have the night sweats every single night but often. I’m sure that when I have them it’s after ‘anxiety dreams’ or ‘vivid dreams’ but when I have them I feel soaked and have to change my shirt.

My GP felt my nodes - fine, did full blood test, fine, all markers normal etc

Fast forward to last week, I woke up with a sharp pain in my back when breathing in,
    The pain was sharp in my upper back but NOT in my chest

I went to the ER as I freaked out & they checked my heart. Fine… listened to my lungs.. sounded fine

They re ran my bloods and my white blood cell count was up but everything else was fine.. they suspected infection could be doing something strange

Anyway they prescribed my antibiotics and the next day the pain had gone… I’m not sure whether it’s just coincidence that I had some infection somewhere , because I don’t know the antibiotics would work that fast.. I think maybe could have pinched a nerve or pulled a muscle in my sleep? Hard to say but it went within 24 hours

Anyway because my white bloods were up & to further investigate my night sweats, GP has sent me for a chest X-ray ‘incase there’s any signs of infection etc’

Obviously this has sent my anxiety spiralling out of control & I’m really stressed.. ex smoker , still smoke socially a few cigarettes at the weekend but vape the rest of the time (tried quitting vaping but just can’t yet, my mental health isn’t there yet)

I’m only a 30 year old male.. need some encouraging words please :( my minds going mad with worry yet again
    You had so many tests all of which were good. I agree with BlueIris it sounds like they are just being very thorough. I am sure you will be ok.

Thread Information