Thanks for the reply. I did hear back from my doctor who said to consider getting the series of rabies vaccinations if I am unable to find out the health and vaccination status of the dog or if the dog isn’t able to be monitored for symptoms for 10 days. I decided to go back to the neighborhood to attempt to locate the owner this evening. I was somehow lucky enough to find her, and she assured me her dog had an up to date rabies vaccine. She was unable to find proof me on the spot though- she said she had just moved in recently and her papers were all in storage boxes. We exchanged numbers and a few texts and she said she would be calling her vet for the vaccine records first thing in the morning so she could share them it with me. I am really hoping she does that, as I am just relying on her word for now. I do feel like I’m totally over reacting though. Why would someone have a sick, rabid dog in their house? They wouldn’t obviously. I hate anxiety. I know myself and I will ruminate on this until I can verify the dog was vaccinated. I think what makes this situation so troubling to me is that I am obviously scared of rabies, but I would be a ball of nerves if I had to get 4 rabies shots too. I would work myself up so much about every little side effect of the vaccines. Fingers crossed this stranger gets back to me tomorrow.