Hi all. For the last couple months when it came time to relax and go to sleep, I was noticing that I was getting a really quick rush of adrenaline (like the stomach butterfly feeling) where my heart is. At first I thought it was just a mind thing, but one day I decided to check my pulse to see if it was actually my heart and it turns out it was. When it happens there is a really short pause before it just starts going again. Based on what I've read this is pretty normal, especially with people who have anxiety. Anyway since I noticed it was an issue with my heart it has got 10x worse. Yesterday it was happening on and off all day, even whilst I was doing things that it has never happened with before. Then at bed time, where it usually only happens every 10 minutes or so, it was happening almost constantly. In the end I had to wake my partner up as I was in such a panic and he had to help me get to sleep. Eventually I did get to sleep and it didn't wake me up. I've woken up this morning and so far it's been about 30 minutes and nothing has occured.

Based on what I've read, it seems anxiety can cause heart palpitations, but can it really cause these types of palpitations? I can understand making you feel your heartbeat go fast, but to literally make your heart skip a beat? It seems crazy.

Anyway I would love to know if this is something that overthinking can make worse. I don't want to sit up A&E for 12 hours today just to be told I'm fine. I don't seem to have any other symptoms like chest pain, lightheadedness or whatever else. I plan to ring my doctor Wednesday, but 4 days is a long time and I don't want to have a heart attack over Christmas (sorry for being dramatic but that's what my anxiety is telling me is gonna happen).

Thanks and merry Christmas