Quote Originally Posted by panicface View Post
I let it dissolve under my tongue (which I believe makes it available faster?)
Ah, that explains it. Taking it sublingually - under the tongue - will significantly reduce the time for Xanax (alprazolam) - and many other meds - to begin working because it enters the bloodstream faster that it does via the stomach. In some countries Xanax is available in oral disintegrating tablets which dissolve in the mouth.

A quick trip to Google-Town shows:
"Some people may first begin experiencing the effects of Xanax within 5 to 10 minutes of taking the pill.

...One of the reasons why Xanax is so effective for treating panic is that peak impact from the dose comes quickly."
I doubt many would get such a quick response, plus panic attacks usually don't continue for long, typically 5 minutes, not often for more than 10 minutes, however, they leave people very anxious which Xanax will ease fairly quickly.

For whatever reason, they're only selling 10mg pills here at the doctors and different pharmacies. Otherwise I'd just split them.
That maybe why they are only selling escitalopram in 10mg tablets. Patients splitting 20mg tablets would halve their income. Here 28 x 20mg tablets cost $0.02 more than 28 x 10mg tablets.

360 (10mg) doses here for almost $700... Yikes.
I don't know why people still rob banks. Ripping people off selling meds is nearly as profitable and there's very little risk of going to jail.

They only had two brands 'Solco' and 'Lupin'.
Solco is owned by a Chinese pharmaceutical company and while it may be making the tablets in the U.S. my guess is the drug itself comes from China.

Wow!! PLEASE tell me how?
I linked to the post. It's at: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showpos...31&postcount=7

Are you saying I might research if taking a low dose of Buspar might be beneficial?
Taking a small dose - 10-30mg - of Buspar (buspirone) with Lexapro may reduce some Lexapro side-effects and increase its effectiveness. But you should seek medical advice before taking it as it may not be suitable for you especially if you have other medical conditions. This also applies to the other medications and remedies such as Ginkgo I listed in the sexual dysfunction post.