Thread: Positive Covid Test Result Today - How Do I Stay Positive?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Positive Covid Test Result Today - How Do I Stay Positive?

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    At the risk of being drawn into a vaccine debate (and I hope this isn't against forum rules), it's worth pointing out that the risk for heart problems is also present with covid infection - in fact is much higher, especially if unvaccinated:

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2022/0...-than-vaccines

I personally would rather take my chances with the vaccine than to have covid, which thankfully I've not yet had though I am still taking precautions and probably will for quite some time. I already have health anxiety, the last thing I need is to worry about long covid or covid complications. The vaccine is also more likely to provide immune protection from future infections, more so than having covid itself (there is also some suspicion that covid harms your immune system, which would obviously be the opposite effect you'd want if trying to be protected).

But I'm not here to convince anyone - to each their own. It's just important to have the facts.
    Very wise words Poppy.

But at the same time I did also explain to Peg upthread that I still fully acknowledge everyone's rights not to get jabbed if they so insist.

Unfortunately, all the conflicting information that has abounded about the Covid jabs right from the off is very much a symptom of the so-called 'post-truth' society.

Also the chances of ending up in a car crash (sorry Darlene for potentially triggering you) are indeed far greater than developing vaccine-related complications by a country mile, but most of us still travel around in motor vehicles almost everyday without giving it as much as a second thought most of the time.
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 27-06-23 at 19:34.

Thread Information