Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
Tammykinz last logged on in April 2018 so probably won't see your post. You could try sending a private message.

Despite the impression given in support groups, most people have none to only mild initial side-effects. However, if we convince ourselves that we will suffer greatly then anxious minds can produce our worst nightmares irrespective of what the med does, or doesn't do. My advice is to not go down the rabbit hole of seeking other people's experiences. Your biological reactions to medications are unique to you and other's experiences will tell you nothing about how you will fare. Some initial side-effects can be unpleasant but they are usually short-lived and rarely harmful. Unrelieved anxiety/stress and/or depression have a far greater negative impact both physically and emotionally.
Thanks a lot for your input, I hugely appreciate it. I will allow myself to ask a few more people mostly for 2 reasons why switching to this one scares me given my cardiac and arrythmia history, I'm actually begging to find some success stories otherwise I'll just not do the switch. But yah, my main concerns are elevated heart rate and possibly elevated BP, both of which I cannot allow myself to experience (The high BP one because I have CKD and high BP is one of the main things to avoid).

That said, you are right in what you said, and although some post success stories, not EVERY person who takes an SSRI / SNRI will come here (or anywhre and say "Hey guys I'm doin' great, bye".