Page 699 of 705 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 7042

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    How are you feeling fishman?
    Maybe it's a good time to get those old Lps dusted and give them a blast. There's nothing like music to give your brain a good vacuum. Or maybe sit in the garden (pond view) and allow nature to do it's stuff. Take your shoes and socks off to get the full benefit of the electrons to re-energise your body. It's OK to feel the way you do, it's hard being the captain of the shop and even captains need a break.
    Thank you Carnation, back at ya Yes things here are rather fraught. I do have some vinyl LPs in the attic but they're likely very dusty.

How are things there with you? Have you heard anything else about your landlord/house situation? That must be such a worry, there are few things worse than uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Thank you Carnation, back at ya Yes things here are rather fraught. I do have some vinyl LPs in the attic but they're likely very dusty.
    You get your favourite vinyl records down from the loft and give them a blast, it'll really cheer you up!

Nothing can beat the sound of the stylus plopping down onto the run-in groove at the start of each record side and the sheer anticipation of the first beat and/or chord of the first track. Even watching the centre labels on the records rotating on the turntable during playback and the stylus traversing its way across the disc is all part and parcel of the experience IMO; a lost and forgotten art with all other audio media.

I haven't been able to visit so much lately so I missed Poppy's announcement - well done Poppy! Such good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I haven't been able to visit so much lately so I missed Poppy's announcement - well done Poppy! Such good news!
    Seconded (my usual one-track mindedness at play on here once again).

Thanks for asking fishman. It's just been awful, constantly on my mind, constantly looking for something, hoping for a miracle. I started to de-clutter bits here and there and think to myself "well, that's one less suitcase."
    I'm looking at various options and nothing is shouting back at me "yes, that's the right move" and "rightmove" being my daily visit on the Internet. Lol, I was at one point considering a piece of land.
    And all the time Mr C is Mr cool and saying something will come up. Try telling that to my brain that is causing me no end of sleepless nights.

Thanks for asking fishman. It's just been awful, constantly on my mind, constantly looking for something, hoping for a miracle. I started to de-clutter bits here and there and think to myself "well, that's one less suitcase."
    I'm looking at various options and nothing is shouting back at me "yes, that's the right move" and "rightmove" being my daily visit on the Internet. Lol, I was at one point considering a piece of land.
    And all the time Mr C is Mr cool and saying something will come up. Try telling that to my brain that is causing me no end of sleepless nights.
    Carnation Sometimes life can be so challenging can't it. And this situation you're in is one of the most stressful it can throw at us. You were considering a piece of land? To build your own house? Well I suppose the third little pig managed it, complete with chimney too.

I bet you could whack Mr C round the head with a rolling pin when he says that. I do hope something comes up and soon. And no not a lump on his head, I mean a house.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Carnation Sometimes life can be so challenging can't it. And this situation you're in is one of the most stressful it can throw at us. You were considering a piece of land? To build your own house? Well I suppose the third little pig managed it, complete with chimney too.

I bet you could whack Mr C round the head with a rolling pin when he says that. I do hope something comes up and soon. And no not a lump on his head, I mean a house.
    Ah, the Three Little Pigs!

One of my all-time favourite childhood stories, together with Jack and the Beanstalk.

Viva Ladybird Books!

No not build a house fishman, stick a caravan on it

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Ah, the Three Little Pigs!

One of my all-time favourite childhood stories, together with Jack and the Beanstalk.

Viva Ladybird Books!
    Innocent times eh Lenco. Ladybird books are classics, with those hard backs and the rear cover usually red, blue or green.

No not build a house fishman, stick a caravan on it
    Oh I see. Well lots of people do live in caravans.

Page 699 of 705 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701 ... LastLast

Thread Information